Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Impala T-bone with Pinotage














As I said in my previous post, the wildlife viewing at Pilanesburg National Park was fantastic. We saw 3 of the big five - elephants, rhinos and lions. We also saw zebras, impala, springbok, giraffes, warthogs, hippos (including a cute baby), crocodile, and wildebeast.

The physical setting of the park was another bonus, very hilly, even mountainous, and surprisingly green after some recent rains. So we also got some great landscape shots.















My camera has not proved "Africa worthy", as it only has 3X optical zoom. So I will generally be using pictures from Dwayne's superior camera - plus he is just snapping some excellent shots.

After we viewed them, we ate them! Our site included a gourmet game restaurant. Normally I would have assumed this would be way too expensive, but hey, this is South Africa, so prices were very reasonable. So, I am not kidding in this blog title, I had Impala T-bone with a red wine reduction sauce. Others had kudu, eland and chicken (Dwayne, the almost vegitarian). It was all washed down with some lovely South African wine, under the stars out by a swimming pool. So those of you that think we are travelling to basically, well....

Pilanesburg National Park, don't miss it on your next trip to South Africa.

No comments: