Monday, August 11, 2008

Alaska Airlines AS 224, Seat 1D



Don't know why I took such an early flight, but got up at 3:30 AM, and headed to the airport by taxi. Customs and security were fairly easy, and decided at the very least I would treat myself to the lounge (Chris would be proud!). I had been unable to upgrade to First Class on my web check-in, and mentioned this to the lady at the lounge desk. She said something about problems upgrading when flight continued on to foreign countries; all she was able to do was give me Priority Upgrade status, and suggested I talk to the gate agent ASAP.

I did exactly that, and ta-da, I was upgraded for a measly $50.

Flight was nice, lovely breakfast of fresh fruit, cranberry juice and a warm scone served on a real plate with tablecloth.

I asked the First Class flight attendant (Lorrie) if she would mind taking my picture. I said that I knew it was kind of tacky, and she said no it was not. I was telling her about my trip, and I swear she was more excited than me. She said she absolutely had to get a picture with me, and grabbed another FA to be the photographer. So here we are hugging in the aisle of the plane, the other passengers probably wondering what the hell is going on. As I said before, this trip, and my attitude about it, seem to be infectious.

No comments: