Monday, March 16, 2009

The Angkor Complex


















The Angkor Complex is truly Cambodia's greatest asset, and a key to its future. The country is quite poor, but would be much poorer if it were not for the influx of tourists, here mainly to see Angkor.

And the Cambodians do love us tourists and our dollars. They are very welcoming and always giving us genuine smiles. I cannot tell you how much this country has charmed me. I have talked to quite a few Westerners who have moved here - they say it is just wonderful. Funny, of all the countries I have visited so far, this is by far the one I could actually imagine moving to - who would have thought? (please don't panic, I have no plans to move here).

Anyway, Angkor is truly one of the world's greatest sites, right up there with Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal. There are no words I can use to convey the wonder and majesty of this site. Viewing my pictures on flickr might start to give you an idea, but really the only way to really experience it is to come here yourself.




No comments: