Monday, October 24, 2011

The Journey Continues


















Well, it was over two years ago that I returned home safe and sound, settled back down in the West End, found a job (finally) and returned to a "normal" routine. Well, it is long past time that I hit the road again, and continue the great adventure...

So, is it a continuation of the original Around the World trip? Well, kinda... it does have the same sort of "feel" to it. Once again, I am travelling Business Class, this time thanks to cashing in 75,000 Aeroplan points - yah! Part of the trip is on my own, part is a GAP Adventure (new name G Adventures), so again, much like the RTW trip. Oh yes, for those of you who don't know, I am heading off to Ecuador in a couple of days.

The G Adventures part of the trip can be found at:
http://www.gadventures.com/trips/inland-amazon/EIA/2011/

So, I pull out the travel backpack, carry on size as you recall. Dig up and wash all the lightweight, quick dry travel clothes. I smile as I notice the hole in the leg of my favourite shorts - torn while getting on a camel in India! I organize all the paperwork, get the proper travel medications, locate all the handy things that one must have for travel, blah, blah, blah... done this before.

It is funny, though, that I find myself both excited, yet a bit aprehensive. Because of limited airline options, I am in Quito on my own for a full week. It is supposed to be a beautiful and historic city, but all accounts say it is quite dangerous at night. So the guy who wandered the dark and scary streets of Budapest, who was mock charged by a lioness in Africa is a bit worried. Oh well, that is probably a healthy thing, much better than being overconfident.

And as I did during the RTW trip, I will do my best to keep readers of this blog updated. Please feel free to send comments as I travel. Welcome back!

No comments: