Sunday, January 4, 2009

The India of TV Commercials














After Jodhpur, it was off to Udaipur, and yes, all these "purs" do get a bit confusing. Udaipur is a beautiful city with many palaces and luxury hotels in the middle of a scenic lake (try not to look at the water clarity too hard!). We had a boat tour of the lake, and stopped at a hotel for some pictures and a snack.















Back in the city, we were all shopping, as like every Indian city, there were lots of bargains. We also went out for some really nice meals at some very nice restaurants. The setting of some of them really bring you back to the time of the Rajs in this area.

The second day, a couple of us decided to try something a bit different, and we went to an Indian cooking class. It was a lot of fun, and we learned some of the basics of Indian cooking, including how to make a really mean masala chai. We feasted on all of our cooking, and were stuffed by the time we left.

After that, I contined to indulge myself, and booked a one hour massage after the cooking class - bliss! I shall likely continue to do this throughout India and South East Asia, as the prices cannot be beat.

I guess I will have to cook you all a great Indian dinner when I return home - hopefully I will not lose my notes from the cooking class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mmmmm - looking forward to an Indian feast. You'd better email that recipe to yourself.

India is so beautiful.

(This is the same post as the one I deleted - except this time I added the f to ''yourself)