Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Birthday Suit














I managed to spend my birthday doing what I probably like more than anything else, laying naked in the warm sun on a beautiful beach by the ocean.

Kings Beach is about 5 km south of Byron Bay, and me, without a car. My hostel rented bikes for a very reasonable $5 a day, so I grabbed a mountain bike, and off I went. Closer to the beach is got quite hilly, and I realized it had been a while since I rode a bike, ooohhh, my legs were sore. It was the typical walk down a steep hill to get to the nude beach, and there I was. I found it quite easily.

It was Tuesday, and approaching winter, so it was fairly quiet at the beach. An odd thing happened when I stepped into the forest to pee. There were these weird birds around that looked like small turkeys. One attacked all my clothes, and got scratches all over the shoulder bag that has accompanied me around the world. Some good war wounds for the bag. I shooed him off before he penetrated the bag.

Otherwise a quiet, relaxing peaceful birthday.

I have just arrived in Brisbane, and looking forward to hooking up with David and John.



No comments: