Monday, September 15, 2008

Amsterdam to Paris














Decided that since accomodation was so expensive in Amsterdam, why not see if I could get to Paris early. Besides, it was pouring rain in AMS.

Headed over to the Eurolines bus station, and was told there was a 3:00 Bus to Paris. Was very surprised to find out the trip took 8 hours. Waited around the bus station for a while, then was off to Paris with no supplimentary charge.














The traffic in the Netherlands was crazy. We were stop and go for hours, and were soon running 2 hours behind. Chatted with a nice doctor and his family from Karachi, Pakistan. He made an offer that seemed totally genuine, that if I made it to Karachi, just phone him, he would come to the airport to pick me up.

Arrived in Paris at 1:00 AM. My hostel booking was for the next day, so decided to see what I could get near the bus terminal. Turns out I could get a private room with a Queen sized bed and private bath for €55. You have no idea how excited that got me, I have really gotten used to budget travel fast. Plus, this was €2 less than the dumpy bunkbed would have been in Amsterdam.

Got a good sleep, grabbed a cheap breakfast, and was off to explore the Paris metro system the next morning:

No comments: