Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wizzing down to the Sun













I really feel that 6 large cities in 3 weeks has worn me out a bit. Plus, the cold cloudy weather never has been something I enjoyed. So, time to put the flex in flexible, and go somewhere that was not planned.

The origins of this trip are in the Barbershop I have been going to for years. A bunch of nice Greek guys work together at this little West End barbershop, and it is decorated with a couple of travel posters. As there is not much to do while getting your hair cut, you tend to look at the posters. One that has always been there is a Corfu travel poster. I remember is says "The wines are Apellia, the place is Corfu", with a beautiful picture of this magic Greek Island.

That image, combined with the fact that Wizz, the discount Hungarian carrier flies there, lead to me buying a ticket.

Got to the airport, and noticed the gates were not crowded. When our plane started to board, I asked how many were on the flight. Would you believe 11 people, on a plane that holds 180 - how weird. Still a full compliment of flight attendants (4) and this weird empty plane. They must have had lots of passengers to pick up in Corfu, otherwise I cannot imagine why it was not cancelled. So off we go, landing in Corfu just after 9:00 on Saturday night.














Very low stress flight - security even let me take my corkscrew on board (their x-ray spotted it, which is a good thing).

No comments: